The Giver PDF
The Giver Online Chapter
1. What is Gabriel’s comfort object? What is Lily’s? When are children given comfort objects?
2. When are comfort objects given up? What happens to the comfort objects after they are given up?
3. What rare trait does Gabriel have in common with Jonas?
4. What are animals considered in the community?
5. Why doesn’t Lily’s Mom want her to become a birth mother when she gets older? What is wrong with that profession?
6. Which profession does Jonas think Lily is best suited for? What does this profession involve?
7. What was going on when the apple changed color?
8. What rule did Jonas break?
1. Jonas spends his last volunteer hours with his friend, Asher. Why didn’t he always want to spend
this time with Asher?
2. What position will Benjamin most likely be assigned? Why?
3. How are Jonas and Benjamin different in terms of where they spend their volunteer hours?
4. Where do Asher and Fiona spend their community hours?
5. Was it right for Roberto to be released? Which figurative language device is being used here?
6. In what ways were Roberto’s and Edna’s lives different from each other?
1. After breakfast, instead of sharing their emotions, what did Jonas’s family share?
2. Where does Jonas’s mother work?
3. At what age does dream sharing begin?
4. What do students have to do if they are late to school without a letter of excuse?
5. How long will Jonas have to take the pills his mother gave him?
6. What is unusual about the setting of the novel? Explain.